We used to watch it every Thanksgiving growing up. The house smelled of turkey and my sister and I would be watching the parade and drawing while watching the floats go past.
We only went to the parade once. It was probably one of the coldest Thanksgivings I remember. I was 13 and we got up early to get on the train. We found a spot towards the beginning of the parade so it wasn’t as crowded. I remember climbing up on the base of a lamp post to see the parade better. Snoopy was always my favorite float.
Right behind where we were standing, there was a coffee shop, so we went in there and drank hot chocolate while watching the parade from the inside.
I don’t watch the parade often now, but today I’ve been watching. The best part was that the PARADE GOT RICKROLLED! And it was awesome. Some puppet even said, “I love Rickrolling!” I had to sit through Miley Cyrus but it was worth it.Filed under Music, nostalgia, videos | Comment (0)
I usually don’t do memes on this blog, but this one is fun. Write 10 random facts about yourself!
1) I don’t like biting into fruit, such as apples, pears, peaches, etc. I always have to cut it up.
2) I can’t stand anything coffee-flavored. I come from a family of coffee addicts who always thought I’d follow in their footsteps by college…but nope!! Tea for me, please!!
3) I can’t wear fancy shoes. My feet are very wide and practically flat. Fancy looking shoes result in arch pain galore — if I can even get my clown feet into them! How feminine!!!
4) I’ve been a serious lip balm addict since kindergarten. I usually wake up several times in the middle of the night to apply more lip balm. I used to be embarrassed by my addiction and I’d hide my lip balm under my pillow so I could reapply in the middle of the night.
5) I can really only cook Italian food for some reason, with the following exceptions: chili, noodle kugel, homemade macaroni and cheese, and grilled cheese. I don’t follow recipes when I cook Italian food, either.
6) I exercise best on an elliptical when guiltily thumbing through a tabloid and reading about Britney’s latest escapades.
7) I would love to have a career doing voices for cartoon characters. I can do really funny voices. I really can, I tell ya!!!
8) I got glasses when I was 13 but I didn’t need to start wearing them all the time until I was 20. I got contacts a year later. I wear contacts about 80% of the time. (Not today, though.)
9) I was a remarkably picky eater when I was a kid. I went through a phase where all I’d eat was pizza and grilled cheese. My dad once tricked me into eating baked ravioli because it looked like pizza. Now I’ll eat practically anything except for beans, goat cheese, or olives.
10) I have the first half of “The Cat in the Hat” memorized by heart.Filed under My Life, food, memes | Comment (0)