This evening I stepped in a time machine, pressed “1-9-8-8″ and went back 20 years.
First I went to Friendly’s, where I had grilled cheese and a Conehead Sundae. (My favorite meal back in 1988)
Then, I went shopping and I bought leggings and leg-warmers. (Some of my favorite types of attire back in 1988, but now leggings are only to be worn with full and proper butt coverage)
I stepped back into the time machine and pressed “2-0-0-8″ but everything must have carried over. I’m still stuffed from the grilled cheese and the sundae, and leggings and leg-warmers are back in style.Filed under clothes, food, nostalgia | Comment (0)
Sometimes I think that I am not actually the biological daughter of my parents, but that I was put together by Dr. Frankenstein. I think I was made of different bits and pieces of other people’s bodies.
- I am 5′1″
- My shoe size is an 8.5-9. Most people my height have a size 6 or 7 foot…my feet are abnormally large for my height!! I’m like a clown!!!
- On the other hand (no pun intended), my hands are small and my ring size is between a 4.5 and 5. When we went to buy our wedding bands, they told me that the smallest ring size they carry is 5, but I could get it refitted if it was too loose. It seems to be OK, but it is a little loose in the winter.
- For tops, I am a size small, or even an extra small if I go to the Gap Outlet.
- My waist size is 27, which according to my research, translates to a size 2-4 in jeans.
- My hip size is 39 (!!!!!), which according to my research, translates to a size 10 in jeans. Whoa!! That’s quite a disparity!!!! No wonder pants are seldom comfortable on me!!
- When I look at pictures of myself, I’ve noticed that I have an inordinately large head for my height. Not unlike a bobble head.
- I have big ankles, too. I think the kids are calling them “cankles” these days…when the calf goes right into large ankles. My ankles can hardly accommodate anklets. I have one that I’m wearing now that barely makes it around my ankles. But it’s so cute and it has a Chinese dragon on it so I can’t resist!
And there you have it! I am the result of an experiment gone mad!! It certainly doesn’t make shopping easy!
Filed under Uncategorized, clothes, shopping | Comment (0)